Metropolitan Peace Initiatives
Helping people heal from trauma.
To coordinate, support and sustain a cross-agency infrastructure made up of local community-based and citywide organizations that deliver a comprehensive set of services to heal communities at the highest risk for violence.
Counseling and mental health services empower individuals to develop their strengths, maximizing stability for themselves and their families.
- Support combines clinical expertise, research, and participants’ own values
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Services for individuals, groups, and families
- Links to community-based healthcare providers
Job readiness and training services offer unemployed and underemployed individuals the opportunity to prepare for and attain meaningful and sustainable employment
- GED attainment
- H.O.P.E. Curriculum (Helping Other People Excel): two-week job readiness training
- Skill-Based Training industries include construction, food service, plumbing, electrical and carpentry
“I was born, raised, live, and serve in East Garfield Park. My commitment and leadership is rooted in building capacity for communities across the city similar to my own. I want all children, including mine, to grow and thrive in communities that are responsive to the interpersonal and systemic challenges that they face.”
Legal Aid Justice Corps
Individualized legal services offer justice-involved adults the opportunity to move past legal issues and barriers holding them back from success
- Free & community-based
- Service areas include expungement, employment, housing, public benefits, crime victim services, human trafficking, immigration, elder law and domestic violence
The framework of Metropolitan Peace Initiatives supports coordinating services and building capacity for funded and partner organizations
- Administer and oversee private- and publicly-funded community violence intervention (CVI) subgrants
- Coordinate and connect ancillary MPI services to CP4P partners
- Provide technical assistance related to programmatic fidelity and administrative compliance
- Establish partnerships and opportunities that align with and enhance the field of CVI