Metropolitan Peace Academy
Intensive and multidisciplinary violence prevention training professionalizes the field of street outreach, builds a citywide network, and enhances community capacity to reduce violence.
The Metropolitan Peace Academy professionalizes the field of street outreach through intensive training for outreach professionals. Curriculum focuses on:
- Trauma-informed services
- Restorative justice
Metropolitan Peace Academy Trainings
- Signature Outreach Training: 144-hour, 18-week curriculum for outreach workers
- Case Manager Training
- MPA-X Training: for outreach professionals in organizations outside the CP4P partnership
- Community Training Academy: for community members
ReCast & Community Trainings in action
ReCAST Community Trainings
Equip communities with knowledge to promote resilience and communicate with others about the efficacy and importance of nonviolence practices.
- Topics include: Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES), the impact of community violence, mental health and psychological wellness, nonviolence training, restorative justice practices, self-care, and trauma-informed care
- Learn more at recastchicago.org
The Community Training Academy
Supports Chicago police officers in increasing their capacity to work collaboratively, effectively and respectfully with the residents and stakeholders in their district.
- Introduces specific dynamics within a given community and deepens understanding of key historical factors related to policing
- Incorporates an asset-based community development framework, restorative practices, and a hyper-local focus
Videos from some of our graduates.
Click on a photo to view the full size.